Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mom Note

Dear Kristen,
 
I have something to share.  Please save this e-mail to re-read as many times as you have to.
 
I prayed and asked God to give me wisdom to know how I should encourage, support, and direct you.  He absolutely led me to an article that discussed obsticles.
 
Charles Stanley's article which I paraphrased:
Just like Joshua in the Bible He wants you to be strong...to show courage, because He is going to help you during this insurmountable obstacle.  He does not want you to wallow in hopelessness and give up in defeat. You have to trust Him to remove each hurdle.  To every obstacle that stands between us and God's purpose is subject to His supernatural power (supernatural is the best way to describe it....some people think these occurrences are coincidences etc...).  Fear and worry reveals our doubts and focusing on the problem will allow the problem to grow, which blocks our view of God. Kristen, this is very, very important to understand. God has a purpose for you and it is His responsibility to remove every hindrance that stands in the way.  Right now He wants to help you to heal.  Heal your heart is what He is talking about. Remember obstacles are one way that  God strengthens our faith.  When you are confused and wonder how is He going to work out your bad situation...do not walk away (e.g. quit college) in defeat and miss His blessing.  He has blessed you and He will help you if you learn to submit and obey.  He wants to teach you to obedience (follow His lead), trust,  and courage.  
 
Just so I did not misunderstand, I wanted to make certain that I really did hear God's message.  I prayed again on the way to work and asked him to reassure me that it wasn't me reading into something.  Just like a computer's Instant Message...He said in my brain..."I want Kristen to stop depending on Joel and I want her to depend on Me."  In other words, He promises to show you the way in life and give you happiness. 
 
Kristen this is ALL authentic!!
 
I called Sandi and left a message to request starting sessions with you.
 
Please pray and asked God to lift your spirits when you know you can't do it yourself.  He will do this for you and then you will have a better day.
 
Love you,
 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment